The park was originally opened in 1934 and was gradually changed into what one can see today. It covers an area of 55 acres, with an animal enclosure, a rose garden, allotments, sports ground including water sports and a children’s playground, which DG found the most enjoyable. The park formed part of the ‘Bundesgartenschau’ (National Garden Show) in 1975.
Our first stop was for refreshments but then it was quickly on to the children’s playground, where DG was in his element. During the evening, a brief visit was made to the ‘Stadtfest’ (town festival), where a glass of Andechser beer went down well.