Knebworth House (13th August, 2015)
Another successful outing organised by Maureen but she forgot to plan the weather! We were able to spend some time in the gardens before our planned tour around the house led by by an interesting and informative guide. Unfortunately, once the tour had ended it started to rain and so it was not possible to finish looking around the gardens.
Knebworth House has been home to the Lytton family since 1490. It was originally a red brick manor house but has been much changed over the centuries. There have been gardens since the 17th century but they were redesigned by Sir Edwin Lutyens at the beginning of the 20th century.